Meet the Owner
Bill McCarthy is a graduate of Siena College. Born and raised in Mount Pleasant, he has diligently served the local and regional communities for 30 years.
When he is not behind the desk at McCarthy Insurance, Bill’s interests include:
- Spending time and traveling with his wife, Margaret, and grown children Andrew and Meaghan
- Chilling out at Brant Lake in the Adirondacks with close friends and family
- Following the New York Mets, win or lose
- Attending Bruce Springsteen shows until the end, which he hopes is never
- Golf, but its more about the kinship with buddies than the score, of course
- Skiing at Gore Mountain
We think of our clients as members of our club and offer trusted advice and recommendations based upon our vast knowledge and experience.
An Iona College graduate, Tom joined the agency in 1988 and is now responsible for all personal insurance and shares in the office management duties.
Insurance is a unique product, nobody wants to buy it, but if things go wrong, people are darn glad they have the proper coverage. We strive to build our trust with our clients everyday. Every client and policy regardless of size is very important to us and the future of the agency.
Tom is a Thornwood resident who has done a three year term on the local school board and is now in his 20th year as a valuable member of the Mt. Pleasant AYSO soccer organization. Tom has coordinated the U6 soccer program for the last 10 years helping over 1,000 children (and parents) have a positive introduction to the world of organized sports.
An avid sports fan himself, Tom enjoys participating in many sports as well as carrying on the NY Giants football fan tradition.